Saturday, November 24, 2012

On the night before you are born...



Dear Anna Claire,

In just a few hours we will be heading to the hospital for your birth.  We have been preparing for this day for a while, and now all the bags are packed, your room is ready, the swing and pack n play are set up for you at your new home, and all we need is you!   You have two big brothers who are so excited and anxious to meet you.  Jack is your biggest brother, and he's five and a half.  Jack couldn't sleep tonight because he was thinking about you and wondering what you will look like.  Jack is going to be one of your best friends, and he will watch over you and protect you just like a big brother should.  He has wanted you and prayed for you even before we knew that you would be a part of our family. Then there's Owen. He's three and a half, and he is so ready to be a big brother and teach you everything he knows.  Owen loves to find things all over the house and bring them to me to save for you. He also wants to give you everything that's pink and purple with flowers and butterflies.  Owen will give you lots of hugs and kisses and take good care of you.
Ever since i can remember, I have wanted a little girl.  I have prayed for you, and I have known your name would be Anna for many years now.  I still don't think I have fully realized that I am about to hold you, my sweet daughter, in just a few hours. Anna Claire, I remember the very moment I learned that God had given you to me.  I was so overcome with emotion that God would see fit to bless us with one more child, and it's almost time to finally meet you and hold you and see the little feet that have kicked inside me and the little person that has hiccuped everyday for the last two months.
Anna Claire, you have SO many people who love you and can't wait to meet you. Your grandparents, your aunts and uncles, your cousins, your brothers, and of course your daddy and me. I can't wait for you to meet your daddy and to see him hold you. He's the most wonderful daddy in the whole world, and he's going to snuggle you and kiss you and tickle you and read you stories and take care of you. He will protect you and provide for you and he will love you so much more than you could ever know. He even knows how to braid hair and paint fingernails and have tea parties. And he gives the best piggyback rides ever. You are going to love him so much.
There's so much I'm looking forward to with you! Holding you, seeing your tiny fingers and toes, hearing what your little voice sounds like. And to seeing your first smile or the first time that you reach out for me. or the first time that you laugh at your big brothers. I can't wait to see which toys will be your favorites. Will you by shy or sensitive or silly or smiley? What will be your first word, and what will be your favorite food?   And then there's playing with dolls and wearing dresses and coloring and playing house and PINK!  Goodness, I am just so excited to be your mom!
The last thing I want to tell you, Anna Claire, is that you are a gift from God. He has made you with his own hands, and he has created you to be exactly the person you are. You are God's perfect creation inside and out. I am praying for you, that you will always know how beautiful you are, and how much you are loved. Your family can't wait to meet you, sweet girl!
All my love,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading that. Such a special thing to do so sweet Anna Claire can see this when she is older.

    ReplyDelete